Drug and Alcohol Awareness Workshop
The Exchange, 33 Gawber Road, Barnsley S75 2AH
Understanding my mental health and wellbeing
These workshops aim to raise awareness of on the short and long-term effects of substances and alcohol misuse.
The main aims are:-
- Raising awareness of the long and short term effects of substances and alcohol
- Help reduce risks and harms of substance misuse
- empower people to make informed choices
- Understand different caterogies of drugs and their effects.
- Know where to go for help
- know what responsible drinking is ans what an alcohol unit is
- Understanding sensible drinking
- Alcohol and general health
- Raise awareness of alcohol use in older people and understand why older people may drink alcohol
- To know how to talk with an older person about their alcohol use.
At The Exchange
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Read our documents and policies for learners after enroling on a course.
Using a blend of both theory and practice to help support your understanding and development of communication and assertiveness skills. Together we will explore: Our understanding of the...View course Assertiveness, Confidence and Communication